Arriving in Richmond

I left Chicago Sunday afternoon amid some crazy storms. Luckily the flight was only minimally delayed and I got to Richmond by evening. Checked into the hotel and got a few things taken care of before some morning conference calls.

The crazy weather I left behind in Chicago is complemented by crazy weather in Virginia. It was over 100 degrees here today, and humid. In case you haven't ever actually been to the desert to experience 103 degrees– its hot. So hot that people don't go outside, as if there was some sort of military-imposed curfew. And in the rare occasion when you do see people outside, they have a look on their face like they're being punished. It was one of those days in Richmond.

Things don't really get going until this evening, so I have a chance to get some work done and kill some time. Thus, this blog post. More to come soon.

1 comment:

david jones said...

Having spent a lot of time in Richmond, Va when we had the Circuit City account, I can attest to the heat. Luckily, you'll most likely have several O'Charley's and Bennigan's on hand where you can purchase a cold beer.

If you see my friend Mark Fenske, tell him I say hello. He will likely respond with an obscenity.

Have a great time at the conference. I'll be checking in.